101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: My Sacred Life Day One: My Journal

Friday, November 02, 2007

My Sacred Life Day One: My Journal

Today begins the journey into My Sacred Life. For the next 30 days I shall be ‘posting pictures from my daily life capturing something that connects me to Spirit’. This unique project was created by Carla of Zena Musings. To read more about it and perhaps to start on your Sacred Life journey go here.

This is my new journal. It is an unusual journal for me because it is so simple, rustic almost. Its cover is made from recycled paper as are the sheets inside. It has a pocket on the inside of the cover for storing little clippings, a slim satin ribbon to mark my page and a plain black elastic band that wraps around the journal to hold it closed. Oh and that’s my little black cat paper clip in the corner.

I say simple because I normally tend to gravitate towards journals with beautiful covers and thick sheets of paper. But there was something about this one that called out to me when I saw it in the shop. It made me want to grab it and begin pouring my thoughts onto its pages. It’s plain, it’s simple but I love it.

This is the place I come to when I want to make sense of it all, whatever ‘it all’ is at that point in time. It is a place where I can truly be me, no holding back, no pretensions, no wondering what anyone else will think. This is the book that will hold my most precious and sacred self.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there--just stopping by to say "hi," --

Scared Life should be an amazing journey! Kudos to you!

Sunday, November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to My Sacred Life and enjoy the journey and the journaling over the next month!

Monday, November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderul post

Monday, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Heartful said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for still visiting verity freewrites. I'll let you in on a little secret. I am not freewriting online anymore, but I am also in blogland as the heartful blogger, where I have a blog of my art work, a blog of my photos and a blog of a crazy letter writing project I started to try to bring back the art of letterwriting!

I really like this sacred life journey, I may well start this myself.

Hugs,
Verity / The Heartful Blogger

Sunday, November 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home